Older Reviews

KEY LARGO

Temple (Lionel Barrymore), hotel owner: “Are you thieves or what? You want money, is this a robbery?”
Toots (Harry Lewis), a hoodlum: “Yeah, Pop, we're gonna steal all your towels.”
__________

Frank McCloud (Humphrey Bogart): “You don't like it, do you Rocco, the storm? Show it your gun, why don't you? If it doesn't stop, shoot it.”
__________

Johnny Rocco (Edward G. Robinson): “There's only one Johnny Rocco.”
Temple: “How do you account for it?”
McCloud: “He knows what he wants. Don't you, Rocco?”
Rocco: “Well, I want uh ...
McCloud: “He wants more, don't you, Rocco?”
Rocco: “Yeah. That's it. More. That's right! I want more!”
McCloud: “Will you ever get enough?”
Rocco: “Well, I never have. No, I guess I won't. You, do you know what you want?”
McCloud: “Yes, I had hopes once, but I gave them up.”
Rocco: “Hopes for what?”
McCloud: “A world in which there's no place for Johnny Rocco.”